Founded By Bruce "The Jackalope Man" Larkin.
50 Facts About Jackalopes
Click here to view the book
26. Jackalopes have one of the longest lifespans of any animal.
27. Jackalopes often live to be more than 100 years old.
28. Adult Jackalopes snore very loudly, but that doesn’t give away their location because they only sleep for 13 seconds at a time.
Sightings and Human Interaction
29. Teddy Roosevelt discovered that you can soothe a jackalope by waving blue underwear over your head.
30. Early settlers thought it was good luck to see a jackalope right before harvest.
31. Even though they are usually seen alone, jackalopes do form groups called flaggerdoots.
32. No person in recorded history has ever seen a jackalope and a unicorn on the same day.
33. Jackalopes are attracted to singing, especially by cowboys and campers.
34. Jackalopes have a fondness for chewing on cowboy boots, especially cowboy boots being worn by sleeping cowboys.
35. You can keep jackalopes from chewing on your cowboy boots by sprinkling some talcum powder and cayenne pepper in the boots.
36. Many of the same people who have been on snipe hunts are invited to jackalope roundups.
37. Most serious Yeti trackers prefer to use specially trained jackalopes rather than bloodhounds.
38. It is illegal in most states to use spotlights, flares, or beef tallow candles when pursuing jackalopes at night.
39. The best lariats for lassoing jackalopes are made from javelina hide.
40. Pioneers valued jackalope milk for its medicinal qualities.
41. Jackalope milk has been mixed with Gila monster venom to form a powerful diuretic.
42. Jackalopes are never seen in zoos or circuses because they terrify lions, tigers, and bears.
43. Jackalopes are excellent runners, jumpers, swimmers, and climbers.
45. Jackalopes can mimic human voices even better than parrots can.
46. Jackalopes will often ride tornados from place to place.
47. Jackalope saliva has been used to create water-proof ink.
48. Many cave paintings that have not been discovered yet feature jackalopes.
49. Jackalopes leave extremely faint paw prints, so not seeing any paw prints is an excellent sign that you probably have jackalopes in your area.
50. People trying to catch Jackalopes have found that peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are the best bait.
Facts Page 1
Facts Page 2
Facts Page 3
Facts Page 4
National Flaggerdoot Day
Visit our Facebook
Vist Bruce Larkin's Site